The GEAR ROCK® Kootenay is a 2-person hard-shell roof tent with a parallel opening top shell. The strong gas pressure springs allow the tent to be erected in only 30 seconds and are so stabilizing that no lever lock is necessary.
The tent material consists of a cotton/polyester mixed fabric (280g/qm), which reinforces ripstop and is therefore particularly tear-resistant. On the inside it is PU-coated to prevent the transfer of moisture (protection against mould).
One circumferential, external aluminium frame in the underbody, also ensures that the lower shell is particularly stable in conjunction with the vehicle. Strong materials and the lightweight construction of the shells (fibreglass reinforced ABS) combine to produce a low total weight of just 58kg.
For perfect adaptation to any weather condition, all entrance openings can be set up with tension rods. It has two side entrance openings and one at the rear. The telescopic ladder can be extended to 2.30 m.
Equipped with 2 removable shoebags, these can be placed anywhere, depending on where you choose to enter. The protected upper part prevents water from entering and therefore offers the use in all weathers.
Inside, the GEAR ROCK® Kootenay is equipped with a 6cm thick foam mattress, protected in a water-repellent (underside) and cuddly (velour) protective cover. The standard includes also a 10mm thick 3D mesh fabric as mattress underlay.
For the further Accessories include 2 large inside pockets that provide space for a laptop, powerbank and so on. Also included in the scope of delivery is a removable LED Luminairea large storage net under the top shell, and a bag for the ladder, which can be fixed in the tent.
A highlight of the Kootenay's equipment is the 300g down duvet with water-repellent cover. With a size of 180 x 210cm it can be used in the roof tent or also outdoors.
If you want to have a complete 360° view, the entire tent body can be easily zipped off. More view is not possible!
The scope of delivery also includes a thermal inlay, which can be attached in the tent if required. This makes the Kootenay can also be used without restriction in the fourth season.
Optionally you can equip the Kootenay with a 2000 x 2500mm awning. This is zipped ona protected, extra zipper strip under the top shell. This gives you extra body height, especially with low vehicles, because the awning gains a whole metre in height by folding up the top shell. It can be mounted on both long sides, which brings enormous advantages in the choice of location.
Features GEAR ROCK® Kootenay:
- Dimensions: outside 140 x 213 x 30cm (LxWxH) lying surface: 135 x 200cm
- Weight: 58kg
- Colour: shell body: black, tent fabric: anthracite
- Material: Hard shell: Fiberglass reinforced ABS; Tent fabric: Cotton/Polyester mixed fabric, PU coated
- Parallel opening upper shell
- Particularly strong gas pressure springs (no locking required)
- All-round aluminium frame in the underbody for better stability
- Lightweight hard shells made of fibreglass reinforced ABS
- 3 entrances (both sides and back)
- Telescopic ladder (removable) in 2,3m length with transport bag for mounting inside
- 2-layer fabric material at all entrances: Mosquito protection and tent fabric with zipper
- Particularly quiet tent fabric in windy conditions
- Removable, weatherproof shoe bags (2 pieces) freely placeable
- Foam mattress High Density in 6cm thickness
- Mattress cover with water-repellent underside and velour top
- Mesh fabric 3D added as mattress underlay
- Interior height 100cm
- Zippable tent body (top side)
- 2 large inside pockets (e.g. for laptop, tablet and powerbank)
- Inside removable LED light, rechargeable via USB
- Stowage net (100 x 80cm) inside under the upper shell
- Insulated upper and lower shell
- Down duvet (300g filling) in 180 x 210cm with water-repellent protective cover
- Thermal inlay for additional insulation included
- Optional: 2000 x 2500mm awning with telescopic corner poles (2.30m)
Scope of delivery:
- Hard-shell roof tent GEAR ROCK® Kootenay with 135 x 200cm lying surface
- Telescopic ladder (2.3m extended length) with carrying bag
- 6 tie rods
- 2 shoebags
- 1 LED light
- Mattress underlay (mesh fabric 3D) in 135 x 200cm and 10mm thickness
- Duvet (300g filling) in 180 x 210cm, colour anthracite
- Thermo Inlay with carrying bag
- Mounting material
- Optional: Awning in 2000 x 2500mm with 2 telescopic corner poles (2.30m), 2 tensioning lines and 2 pegs
2 roof racks are required for mounting the vehicle. Please note a minimum distance of 75cm!